Monday, November 7, 2011

It's a......

BOY! We found out on September 29th that we are going to be blessed with a little boy this time! We are so excited! Matt and I met at my dr's office and went in for the ultrasound. The lady asked us if we wanted to know what we were having and of course, we did. I am too impatient to wait! She started the machine and immediately told us it was a boy! He was moving all over the place so we took her word for it. When he finally calmed down, she showed us again and sure enough, a little boy is in our family now!
I am officially 25 weeks now, which means if he was born today, he would have a pretty good chance of surviving because his lungs are now secreting Surfactant (stuff that keeps the lungs open). Obviously we want him to grown a while longer but we're breathing a sigh of relief that we hit this milestone!
He is now the size of an eggplant, according to thebump.com. It's fun getting emails with up to date development and growth to see how he's doing and what's going on in there. I feel him kicking a lot and Matt has actually felt him too! Madelyn would stop kicking whenever Matt tried to feel her move so it's nice he actually has felt him now. Madelyn has even felt him, although I amnot sure she understands. Her head was laying on my stomach one night after work and he kicked her and her eyes got really big! She looked at me and said, "what's that????" I told her it was baby brother kicking her and she yelled, "No kicking!!!" to my stomach! She's already bossing him around!

No comments:

Post a Comment